Terms of service
- When using Persistent Academy, take courses (free and paid) and other content we provide. For free content that we provide, we grant you a lifetime access license and you may not transfer that license or content in any way. For paid content and Subscription Plans, we grant you a license until the end of its term and it must be used for its intended purpose (for example, if you’re enrolled in an enterprise team account, other members of your team should be able to access the course).
- Under our Instructor Terms, when instructors publish content on Persistent Academy, they grant Persistent Academy a license to offer a license to the content to students. This means that we have the right to sub-license the content to enrolled students. As a student, when you enroll in a course or other content, whether it’s free or paid content, you are getting a license from Persistent Academy to view the content via the Persistent Academy platform and Services, and Persistent Academy is the license provider of record. Content is licensed, and not sold, to you. This license does not give you any right to resell the content in any manner (including by sharing account information with a purchaser or illegally downloading the content and sharing it on torrent sites).
- In legal terms, Persistent Academy grants you a non-transferable, limited license to use Persistent Academy for your own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. You may not, whether or not for profit: (i) copy, sell, trade, resell, assign, sub-license, distribute or otherwise transfer anything we give you; (ii) modify or make derivative works based upon any of our content ; (iii) reverse engineer or access our source code ; or (iv) remove any proprietary notices or labels on our services.
- We reserve the right to revoke your access to the content in any course at any time if we no longer offer courses in this subject matter, cease operations, or are obligated to disable access to the content due to legal or policy reasons. This license does not apply if you buy an individual course by itself, enroll in a subscription plan for that course, or enroll in additional features and services associated with the course (for example, curriculum modules). This lifetime access license also does not guarantee that instructors will offer teaching assistance within any course. you do not get direct access to the Instructor.
- Instructors may not grant licenses to their content to students directly, and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these Terms.
- Persistent Academy is an education platform, where anyone can use it to create or teach web-based courses for free or for profit. Like any other social network, you’ll need to use your best judgement before joining Persistent Academy, but it can be a great resource for instructor and student interactions. You agree to use it at your own risk.
- We don’t determine the legality of content. We do not exercise any editorial control over the content that is available on the platform and, as such, do not guarantee in any manner its reliability, validity, accuracy, or truthfulness. If you access content, you rely on its information provided by an instructor at your own risk.
- If you use the services, you may be exposed to content that you consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Persistent Academy has no responsibility for keeping such content from you and no liability for your access or enrollment in any course or other content to the extent permissible under applicable law.This also applies to any content relating to health, wellness, and physical exercise. You assume full responsibility for the choices you make before, during, and after your access to the content.
- Please be careful about the types of personal information that you share. While we restrict instructors from requesting information from students, we do not control what students and instructors do with the information they obtain from other users on our platform. Please do not share your email or other personal information for your safety.
- We do not hire or employ instructors nor are responsible or liable for interactions between instructors and students. We are not liable for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to the conduct of instructors or students. When you use our platform, You will find links to other websites that we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites.
- There may be times when our platform is down, either for planned maintenance or because something goes down with the site. There may be times when one of our instructor makes misleading statements in their content. There may also be cases where we encounter security issues. These are just examples. You accept that you will not have any recourse against us in any of these types of cases where things don’t work out right. In legal terms, the services and their content are provided on an “as is” basis.
Persistent Academy`s rights
We own Persistent Academy, including the website and future apps and services, as well as our logos, API, code and content created by our employees. You can’t tamper with those or use them without authorization.
- All right, title to, and interests in the Persistent Academy platform and Services, including our website, existing or future applications, APIs, databases, content submitted or provided by instructors or students, are and will remain the exclusive property of Persistent Academy and its license providors. Our platforms and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of Australia and foreign countries.
By registering, accessing, or using our Services, you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Persistent Academy. If you don’t agree to these Terms, please don’t register, access, or otherwise use any of our Services.
We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security, lack of errors, or accuracy of this service or its content. We expressly disclaim any warranties or conditions (express or implied), including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. We make no guarantee that you will obtain specific results from using our service.
How to contact us
The best way to contact us is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org